Centre for Training is approved by Liquor & Gaming NSW to provide the mandatory NSW approved RSA and RCG training, these courses are required for anyone who works with liquor or gaming in NSW. The cost of your Liquor & Gaming NSW interim certificate and NSW Photo competency card is included in your enrolment fee.
- Participants who successfully complete this course will receive an interim RCG certificate that allows them to work immediately in licensed Gaming venues across NSW (except for the Kings Cross sector in Sydney. You will need to wait until you have your NSW Liquor & Gaming competency photo-card).
You will need to present the interim certificate and 100 points of identification at a NSW Service Centre or RMS Office where you will be able to order your photo competency card.
You can look up your closest location with the Service NSW centre locator.
The fee for the photo-card is included in your training fee, therefore you will have nothing further to pay to apply for your NSW photo competency card.
- Your card is valid for five years and serves as proof that you have completed the necessary course to work in a licensed venue.
Unit of competency:
- Successful participants will receive a National Statement of Attainment in SITHGAM001 (supersedes unit SITHGAM201) Provide responsible gambling services. Click here to download the unit of competency for SITHGAM001
- There are no specified entry requirements for this training program, however you must be 18 years of age to work in a licensed gaming venue.
- Legislation affecting the gaming industry
- Responsible conduct of gaming guidelines
- Your responsibility when working in a gaming venue
- To pass the Responsible conduct of gaming training you will need to complete a written and practical assessment. However no pre-course study or reading is required, as your trainer will teach you everything you need to know on the day. If you wish to pre-read the NSW Liquor & Gaming RCG Student manuel CLICK here to download the current Liquor & Gaming materials.
What to bring:
- One form of photo identification. Ideally an Australian driver’s licence or your passport.
- Blue or black pen and note paper
- Please arrive 10-minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Ensure you read our Student handbook before booking as it contains our booking conditions.