Centre for Training Pty Ltd takes the privacy of our participants very seriously and we will comply with all legislative requirements.
- Please note that Centre for Training collects personal information for internal use and in compliance with privacy laws, participants are advised that personal information provided by students enrolling in the training will be provided to government departments as required, including the Australian Skills Quality Authority, NSW Food Authority, NSW Office of Liquor Gaming & Racing and Victorian Department of Justice
These include the Privacy Act and National Privacy Principles (2001).
Your enrolment form provides for Participants to give permission for us to discuss the Participants progress with their employer. In some cases we will be required by law or required by the NVR Standards to make participant information available to others. In all other cases we ensure that we will seek the written permission of the participant.
The ten Privacy Principles are defined below:
- Collection - We will collect only the information necessary for one or more of our functions. The individual will be told the purposes for which the information is collected.
- Use and disclosure - Personal information will not be used or disclosed for a secondary purpose unless the individual has consented or a prescribed exception applies.
- Data quality – We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date.
- Data Security – We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Openness – We will document how we manage personal information and when asked by an individual, will explain the information we hold, for what purpose and how we collect, hold, use and disclose the information.
- Access and correction - The individual will be given access to the information held except to the extent that prescribed exceptions apply. We will correct and up date information errors described by the individual.
- Unique Identifiers - Commonwealth Government identifiers (Medicare number or tax file number) will only be used for the purposes for which they were issued. We will not assign unique identifiers except where it is necessary to carry out its functions efficiently.
- Anonymity - Wherever possible, Centre for Training Pty Ltd will provide the opportunity for the individual to interact with them without identifying themselves.
- Trans-border Data Flows - The individual’s privacy protections apply to the transfer of personal information out of Australia.
- Sensitive Information – We will seek the consent of the individual when collecting sensitive information about the individual such as health information, or information about the individual’s racial or ethnic background, or criminal record.